With all the excitement, I am still very anxious because I'm going to have to leave my Via with her not-so-new nanny. Tomorrow will be the first time I'm going to leave Via for almost 10 hours. If only I could go home during the break. The not-so-new nanny is starting taking care of Via tonight with my supervision but tomorrow, she will be alone with Via all day.
I already gave some pointers to remember which is as follows:
- Always wash hands (and arms) before handling Via or her feeding apparatuses (excuse me for lack of better term).
- Prepare 3 ounces of milk each feeding time - no more (to avoid any wasted milk) and no less (to avoid having Via cry due to lack of milk).
- Dispose milk after three hours if not consumed
- Only use the pacifier when she is still hungry but her tummy can't handle any more milk.
- Feed if three hours has passed and if Via hasn't asked for food
- Turn on/off the air conditioning as needed. Make sure Via doesn't feel too cold or too hot.
- Make sure the TV volume is not too loud when Via is asleep.
- Use the mobile (toy) when Via is crying even after feeding
- Change diaper as needed or every three hours (I'm switching to Huggies soon and never going to buy Pampers ever again).
- Make sure to position Via in the most comfortable way possible. Make sure her back is straight and not curved/hunched when sleeping.
- During poopoo time: prepare everything first before opening the dirty diaper.
- Make sure there's nothing that will cover her face or that surrounds her neck to avoid asphyxiation.
I'm still thinking of other reminders.