Monday, April 4, 2011

Momma's Kinda Sick

For the past two nights, I have been having this odd feeling at the back of my throat and nasal passageways.  And I'm afraid that I'm about to have a cold or sore throat.  And since I am sleeping beside my baby and taking care of her after work, I need to be more vigilant that I won't pass any virus to her.  I started wearing masks to cover my nose and my mouth.  Also, I have been washing up with alcohol.

It doesn't matter that I'm going to have pimples because the mask makes my face oily or somewhat sticky.  And it doesn't matter if my hands get so dried up from all the alcohol washes I am doing.  As long as baby doesn't get sick, everything is A-OK.

I don't think I would know what to do if Via get's a cold.  I would really be worried.  First off, she would be able to drink her milk because sucking a feeding bottle is doubly hard when your nose is clogged or stuffed.  2nd, I don't think she will be able to sleep well if she has a hard time breathing.  Hence, she will probably be malnourished and so tired from lack of sleep.  Her discomfort will be my discomfort.

I'm crossing my fingers that my colds and impending sore throat or cough would go away soon before I pass it to my daughter.

1 comment:

  1. Sis, take some vitamin C! I have been feeling sort of like this the past few weeks, and thankfully with my daily intake of Fern-C hindi naman natutuloy na maging full-blown sipon. Some days I take as much as 4 capsules, just to keep the colds away. =) Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete