Saturday, July 16, 2011

Everything In Haste

Whenever I take care of my baby, I have to do everything quickly.  From dressing her up to preparing her meal or bottle of milk, everything has to be done quickly but very carefully.  In the case of my needs like taking a bath, dressing up, having my meal, going to the toilet and even blogging, I do have to do it more quickly and in haste.

Now I know that juggling is a skill any mother should develop - dealing with one thing quickly enough to deal with another one.

I always have to be more calm when I'm around her.  I don't want her to be in an environment where she can sense any palpable stress.  This takes a lot of self-control if you ask me.  Whatever worries I have in mind, I have to forget about them whenever she's around. I don't know if it really happens but I may be exuding these emotions to her and that, in turn, she might absorb some of it.  And so, even in that aspect, I need to hastily forget them in the meantime for her sake.

I have to be more agile.  I think I'm getting more fit as I spend more time with my baby. I have body aches all the time especially in my arms and in my back.  I don't need to go to the gym and pay a lot of money for this but I do have to go and get myself a massage.  My husband can provide me of that one too.

Before, I lived a sedentary life.  After giving birth, I don't think I will enjoy that kind of life again. I don't mind the life I have right now.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder what'll happen to me when I have a kid of my own..

    ReplyDelete