Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Family of Two

Sometimes, that's how I feel.  I'm the kind who can't handle any relationship over the phone.  But in this case, I'm quite amazed at how we three our holding up.  I'm just afraid that in his case, absence doesn't make the heart grow fonder.

My Via and I went out last Sunday to join my sister and family.  As usual, I feel resentful that she can enjoy her time with her whole family while Via and I cannot.    But you know, I'm putting it at the back of my mind when the thought creeps up.  

When I look at Via, I think of her father and his (feasible) promises.  

But on the other hand, I quite enjoyed myself with my daughter last Sunday.  She was eating off the same plate as I was eating in the restaurant.  I think she also enjoyed herself when we were in the bookstore.  She kept looking around the books.  And whenever I open up a book in front of her, she pays attention to it.  Sometimes, she looks up at me whenever I start reading the book aloud.  


I'm giving her the grounded mangoes in my plate of Sicilian Salad 
(Italianni's Eastwood Mall)



Mommy, there's so many people here.  


Momma, I want to go home now 
and crawl in my kuchon (mattress on the floor).
  
In retrospect, it was still a great day for both of us.  At least, we got out of the house and see other human beings besides ourselves.  LOL!

3 comments:

  1. hi! i always read your posts and all i can say is you are a resilient person! i really admire you for that! continue on being strong for your Via and hubby. :D
    Godbless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much sis. Your comment lifted up my spirits :)

    ReplyDelete